EUROPARC Conference 2010
'Living together. Biodiversity and Human Activites: A Challenge for the Future of Protected Areas'
This year, the annual EUROPARC conference took place in Italian Pescasseroli, in the Abruzzo, Lazio and Molise National Park, a few hours drive from Rome. Five days full of intresting and fruitful plenary sessions, meetings, workshops , side-meetings, networking and connecting with colleagues have come to an end.
Here, you find the related documentation:
- The Pescasseroli Declaration, written during the conference, reminds governments that protected areas are key players in saving natural heritage in Europe and urges them to invest more in nature conservation.
The declaration has been sent to European governments, institutions and journalists. And, obviuosly, it has been sent to the contact persons of all our member organisations for further dissemination.
- Video uptakes from the plenary presentations are available on YouTube. Seach for 'EUROPARC 2010'.
- Have a look at the conclusions from the 20 workshops in the right hand column.
- All workshop presentations are available for downloading here.
- We are immensely proud and honoured that Lassi Karivalo, former senior advisor at Metsähallitus Natural Heritage and member of the Nordic-Baltic Section, is the winner of the Alfred Toepfer Medal 2010! The medal was presented to Lassi Karivalo by EUROPARC President Erica Stanciu at this years conference in Italy. Read more.
The EUROPARC Conference 2011 will be held in from September 21st - 25th in the Swabian Alp Biosphere Reserve, Bad Urach, Germany.