EUROPARC Conference 2011
The EUROPARC Conference 2011 was held on September 21st - 25th in the German town Bad Urach, which is located in the Schwäbische Alb Biosphere Park in Baden Wurttenberg. It attracted 310 delegates from 40 countries. Among them were representatives from all the Baltic and Nordic countries!
NB. More information will be posted on this page continuously!
On this page you will find information that is of specific interest to the members of the EUROPARC Nordic-Baltic Section. For more information, full reports, more photos, etc, please visit the EUROPARC Conference 2011 webpage. The Nordic-Baltic Section photos are available on flickr.
- At the General Assembly, the members elected Thomas Hansson (SE) to become the new president of EUROPARC Federation. Another member of the Nordic-Baltic section, Rolands Auzins (LV) was re-elected for Council. The president annonucement is available in the column to the right. If you wish to know more about the new president and 5 newly elected council members, please find their presentations below.
- One outcome of the conference was the Bad Urach Declaration on the Strengthening of Protected Areas in Europe. Download it from the column to the right.
- 22 participants attended the Nordic-Baltic Section Member Meeting held in connection with the conference (Wednesday September 21). Minutes are available here.
- The results from the workshops will guide the Directorate and Council in their future work and activities. A summary is available to the right.
- Next year's EUROPARC conference, "(Re)connect with nature" will be held in Genk, Belgium on October 22-25. You are invited! More information on the EUROPARC 2012 website (opening soon)
Elected/(Re-)elected Council Members:
- Ignace Schops: Information, Video
- Gábor Szilágyi: Information, Video
- Rolands Auzins: Candidate information, Video
- Giampiero Sammuri: Candidate information, Video
- Marian Jager-Wöltgens : Candidate information, Video
Other council members are Dominique Leveque (FR) and Michael Hosek (CZ). During 2012, Mr Hosek is the 7 sections' representative on Council.